June 23, 2009

Comment/Response From My Kid About 'Empty Beer Cans Story'


My Mother is the author of "The Empty Beer Cans" article in this blog and this is my response/comment to that story. She wrote she envisioned 'messy-hair people, dark and dirty'. I'd like to make a few comments regarding societies view of the common addict.
Kids often excuse themselves from class to use the restroom, for a quick "wake-up".
Teens watch their older siblings experiment and follow in their footsteps. Often stealing from that very stash.
I've personally seen kids use with their own parents. I know people in recovery that used for the first time with a parent or other close family member. Almost anything can be crushed and snorted. That empty pen casing could have been used for cocaine, crushed pills (diet, muscle relaxers, sedatives, pain pills, etc), heroine, speed (aka meth, shit), etc. I personally didn't use until I was 21 years old. Drugs took me to my bottom by the age of 25, when I tried to get clean the first time. So, take a closer look at the kid bagging your groceries at your local market. Wonder why your co-worker seems so bi-polar. Your husband/wife sleeping next to you may have a dirty little secret of their own. Sarahjoy March 10, 2008 10:12 PM


Patricia, Editor said... I am left stunned, again. D*mn kid. March 11, 2008 3:27AM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a true observation. I had lots of "friends" while I lived life in the fast lane of meth addiction. Many were the typical tweeker type, but many were not someone people would normally suspect of having a nasty meth habit. I had one friend who is a successful real estate agent, another a professional secretary, another who owned her own small business. These women led outwardly normal lives. They had relationships, cars, nice homes, good jobs, beautiful skin and teeth, and an expensive meth habit. These were the women I went out on the town with, went on trips with, went shopping with, and snorted meth with.

Meth does not discriminate.

Anonymous said...

I know one who works in an elementary school....she used to call from school for the dopeman x....sometimes she would text from school...



she was married with 3 kids....their home was a meth home.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I was the "Mommy On The Move". My house sparkled. My kid was very well-taken care of and happy. NO ONE except my partner knew I used. My parents didn't know, my friends didn't know, the school where I volunteered didn't know.

I had a BIG problem, but no one knew but me.

Addicts don't always fit the stereotype.

As we know, addiction doesn't discriminate.

Anonymous said...

I wasnt the stereotype eithor.

I owned 2 businesses. Took care of my family, which included me, my ex-husband, my grandson and my mother,.
Went to church and church functions.
I went through a custody case with DFCS., to get custody of my grandson. Which anyone who has ever been through that know what hoops you have to jump through.
My house was always clean, my grandson had everything he needed.
No one except my spouse knew I did drugs.


This went on for 9 1/2 years.

Until I was through hiding.

Love,
Deb

Patricia Loya said...

flopping like a fish #5 [-]

Posts: 17
(03/12/08 10:52:51)
Reply Quote Edit MoreMy Recent Posts Sinking heart. As I read your comments, my heart keeps sinking to the point I press the palm of my hand on my chest to keep it from exploding from within.
And upset. It makes me so upset. Like I can see the energy around me turning around, flopping like a fish, looking for air that isn't there. Life is so hard anyway. I ache for my daughter who is 'almost 3 years clean,' for my husband whom I left because his drinking half gallon scotch every other day was finally too much and I ache for me and for all of you.
On the positive side of all of this, my Higher Power is so much more real to me now.

Luv to all of you
Patricia