February 23, 2008

Fall Out Boy, 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' & Hoodies

From Rolling Stone Magazine, With Pete Wentz Of Fall Out Boy By AUSTIN SCAGGS What do you collect? I love Transformers. I used to collect hardcore records, but I don't take very good care of them, so actual collectors would make fun of me. I'm kind of a hoodie collector. I have two years' worth of hoodies, wearing a different one every day.
Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz
momentarily forgets
the lyrics to a song and
launches into
"Little Bunny Foo Foo"
to distract the crowd
onstage in Manchester, U.K.,
April 3rd. Fall Out Boy
Photo by
Shirlaine Forrest/WireImage.­com
Why do you love hoodies? A lot of people in the hardcore scene used to wear them. It's also like a comfort blanket. Long after I started wearing them, my manager told me that Bob Dylan would wear hoodies on tour. And when the hoodie was up, you couldn't talk to him. I was like, "That's fucking a amazing!"
DON'T DO DRUGS
Because If You Do Drugs
You'll Go To Jail
And Drugs Are Expensive in Jail
What other musician's T-shirt do you badly want? I don't know him well, but I saw Adam [Levine] from Maroon 5 in a store wearing a Prince Purple Rain T-shirt. It looked tattered, definitely from the era, and I wish I owned it. I actually just stole an old Thriller T-shirt from a photo shoot. It was on the rack -- for another band -- but I put it on, put a jacket over it and walked out. I seriously just stole it.

No comments: